It is strawberry picking season! I love this time of year! When I was a child, my mom and I would get up early and go before it got to warm. Now I’ve passed this fun tradition on to my children. When summer hits, they start asking when we are going to go strawberry picking! The fields smell so delicious and the strawberries are so ripe! This year the strawberries were so red and plump. Depending on how much rain we get, determines how big the strawberries are. There were some small ones, but there were also plenty of nice plump, big ones!
So we picked to our hearts content (and my wallet’s), and brought them all home. The next question is what to do with them all!? We always make freezer jam to last us through the year. My mother-in-law got us all hooked on hers and the whole family LOVES it! My husband piles it on a cracker like I’ve never seen anyone do before!
I also like to freeze bags of them. It is best to freeze them in a single layer first. Then you can bag them up and they won’t all stick together. I can use them later in the year for desserts and especially smoothies.
We enjoy strawberry smoothies quite often during the week. After, these things are done, there are still always more strawberries left! I love to make desserts and bakery from fresh strawberries so I set out on a hunt for the best recipes and ideas I could find.
I really wanted to make a strawberry pie. So I tried #12 and created this pie! It’s awesome!
I gathered up 36 fresh strawberry ideas and recipes for you to chose from. They vary from desserts, salad, side dishes, to even craft ideas.The creator is posted after the link to these 36 outstanding strawberry ideas.
- Dried Strawberries – More for Less
- S’more Dipped Strawberries -Bombshell Bling
- Strawberry Danish Bread – Sprinkle Some Sugar
- Strawberry Rolls With Icing -Jo Cooks
- Strawberry Rose -One Little Project
- Strawberry Snake Treat -Creative Learning
- Strawberry Ladybugs – Creative and Healthy Fun Food
- Mini Strawberry Pies – Inside Bru Crew Life
- Strawberry Shortcake Bar -Lather, Rinse, Repeat…as needed
- Strawberry Stuffed French Toast – Savory Nothings
- Strawberry Crunch Icebox Cake – Sugar and Charm
- Jell-O Strawberry Pie -Coupon Cutting Mom
- Grilled Strawberry Nutella Quesadillas -Garnish with Lemons
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler -Take the Back Roads
- Strawberry Lemonade – My Frugal Adventures
- Strawberry Lemonade Sun Tea -Wonky Wonderful
- Strawberry Lemonade Freezer Pie -The Cookie Rookie
- Strawberry Lemonade Slushies -Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
- Strawberry Banana Popsicles -Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Popsicles -Chocolate and Carrots
- Strawberry Muffins – Inspired Taste
- Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Muffins -Will Cook For Smiles
- Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing – Vitamix
- Strawberry Fluff Salad – Cincy Shopper
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Bacon -Julia’s Album
- Strawberry Fruit Salsa -The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Strawberry Avocado Couscous – Damn Delicious
- Strawberry Caprese Salad – Gimme Some Oven
- Chicken Strawberry Salad Wrap– Carlsbad Cravings
- 10 Strawberry Smoothies -Mom on a Diet
- Strawberry Pie -Real Life Dinner
- Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups -Raining Hot Coupons
- Strawberry Jam No Pectin -Scattered Thoughts of Crafty Mom
- Strawberry Play Dough – Therapy Fun Zone
- Strawberry Print Painting -Little Family Fun
- Preserving Strawberries (Freeze, Puree, or Dry) -Local Kitchen Blog
Even if you don’t go strawberry picking, the prices are so great at the stores right now since it’s strawberry season! Grab some and make some of these amazing recipes today! Come back and tell me about which strawberry idea you tried and loved! I’d love to hear how they turned out!
-Mom on the Move